Home comfort isn’t just about temperature. Trane® sets the standard with indoor air quality solutions such as whole-house filtration systems that can address everything from humidity to air purification to provide a cleaner and healthier environment.
Setting the standard in air quality, the Trane® CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner uses revolutionary technology that supplies your home with a cleaner, healthier environment, allowing you to breathe easier – literally. Remove up to 99.98% of airborne particles with our air cleaner for your home and say goodbye to worrying about breathing in harmful bacteria or allergens.
Asthma & allergy friendly™ Certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
With more than 60 million Americans suffering from asthma and allergies, this certification mark guides consumers in identifying products more suitable for people with asthma and allergies. The asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Mark is awarded only to those products that that are scientifically proven to reduce exposure to asthma and allergy triggers.
Standard air cleaners have filters that are very dense, so they stop the dust by trapping it in a slightly porous filter. The fewer the pores, the more dust it can trap. However, this not only stops the dust and dirt, but it also stops the air from moving as well. So, you may not be as comfortable, and less air is cleaned efficiently. This is called pressure drop. The revolutionary Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner has the lowest pressure drop with the highest efficiency possible.
Small particles, large effects
Particles like dust, smoke and bacteria are often .3 microns or less. At that size, allergens can get deep into your lungs because they aren’t filtered well by your nose and throat. An effective Trane air cleaner, such as Trane CleanEffects™, can reduce the presence of potential asthma and allergy attack triggers in your home, like dust, pollen, pet hair and dander, dust mites, mildew, lint, fungus, most tobacco smoke, cooking grease, and even bacteria.
The Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner utilizes patented, breakthrough air cleaning technology to remove up to an astounding 99.98% of airborne allergens from the air that passes through the filter. It catches particles as small as .1 micron, making it 8 times more effective than even the best HEPA room filters and up to 100 times more effective than a standard 1-inch filter.
Verified by Harvard experts
Trane CleanEffects™ has been performance-tested by LMS Technologies and Environmental Health & Engineering, Inc. (EH&E), with the results verified by professors from the Harvard School of Public Health, so you know you are getting an air cleaner for your home like no other.
- Removal of up to 99.98% of particles and allergens from your filtered indoor air. It removes particles as small as .1 microns – 1/1,000th the diameter of a human hair – a size that eludes most air cleaners.
- Industry-leading clean air delivery rate of 1,200.
- Low operating costs, with no replacement filters to buy.
- Cleaning indicators easily visible on the outside of the unit.
- Easy-to-clean filters. Just vacuum or rinse once every 3 to 9 months (depending on usage).
- Easy installation.
- Quiet operation.
- Trane® CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner was designed to fall well below the 50 parts per billion (ppb) FDA voluntary emission limit for medical devices. Trane® CleanEffects™ contributes a negligible amount of ozone – less than .3 ppb to the living space.
- Typical ozone levels during the summer outdoors are at about 60 to 90 ppb, and indoor levels can vary greatly but are typically between 12 ppb to more than 80 ppb. Testing of Trane® CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner by third parties has shown there’s no more ozone in a home installed with Trane® CleanEffects™ than what naturally occurs in the environment already.
- A Trane® air cleaner is the industry benchmark supported and verified by third parties who make it their business to know about clean air.
- Minimal pressure drop. Delivering more clean air by volume to your living space.
For the millions of particles in a typical home’s air, a Trane® Perfect Fit™ reusable furnace filter traps more dust, pollen and bacteria than typical filters. Plus, when matched with Trane® CleanEffects™ you get a whole home air filtration system, using a high efficiency filter.
One cabinet, three options
A Trane Perfect Fit™ reusable air filter is an integral part of a Trane home comfort system. Even if you start out with a pleated or media filter, you always have the option to add the Trane CleanEffects™ whole-house air filtration system. And, regardless of the filter you choose, all of the filters are easy to access and maintain.
The right choice
When considering which reusable air filter is appropriate for your home, consider your lifestyle. How much time and money are you willing to spend on replacing filters? Would you prefer to have a filter you can clean yourself? And, what kind of effectiveness are you looking for in your home? For help with these and other questions, use the product comparison feature or find a dealer near you.
Perfect Fit™ 5-inch Media Filter Features:
- Up to 15 times more effective than a standard throwaway filter
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Easy to replace
- Helps maintain the operating efficiency of your home comfort system
- Filters 100 percent of the air that is heated and cooled
Trane EHUM800 Steam Humidifier is the ultimate solution in providing the correct amount of indoor moisture in all climates with all types of heating systems.
- Protects wood floors, moldings, and furnishing from harmful dry conditions that can cause damage
- Operates independent of the heating system to provide the desired indoor moisture level at all times
- Remote mount capability adds installation flexibility.
- 6 different capacities in one unit meets the needs of all size houses up to 5000 square feet.
SlimFit Filter Rack™
The SlimFit Filter Rack comes in made-to-fit cabinet sizes for TEM3, TEM4 and TEM6 air handlers. The hinged front panel allows easy filter access, and the filter lasts up to 90 days. The MERV 4 rated pleated filter captures allergens and pet dander between 3 and 10 microns range. The SlimFit Filter Rack will also accommodate off-the-shelf retail filters.
- Made-to-fit cabinet sizes for TEM3, TEM4 and TEM6 Air Handlers
- Polystate Gray 18 gauge steel painted frame to match TEM cabinet
- Low profile 2” depth cabinet
- Hinged front door for easy filter replacement
- Service First MERV 4 rated pleated filter included for recurring revenue on SlimFit sizes. Will also accommodate off the shelf retail filters.
- Easy installation and competitively priced with EZ Box and Miami Tech
- Proudly made in the USA
- MERV 4 rated pleated filter enables recommended equipment protection and captures allergens and pet dander between 3 and 10 microns range
- Filter lasts up to 90 days
- Hinged front panel allows easy filter access
Trane FreshEffects™ Energy Recovery Ventilator provides a whole-house solution for fresh air ventilation. Trane FreshEffects exhausts stale indoor air and brings in fresh, preconditioned, outdoor air, so your home can be a cleaner, more enjoyable place to live. This ventilator also decreases the level of odors, chemical vapors and naturally occurring gases that become trapped in tightly sealed homes. Plus, with its quiet operation and durable components, you can count on fresh air from Trane FreshEffects for years to come.
Cleaner, healthier indoor air
This home ventilator removes stale indoor air for an equal amount of fresher outdoor air.
The FreshEffects™ energy recovery ventilator retains heat and moisture from exchanged air in winter, but pre-conditions and dehumidifies incoming air in summer—so your home is more comfortable year-round.
Transfers energy from the air being exhausted from inside to the air being drawn in from outside, making for a more energy-efficient home.
Easy to use
Adjustable control provides 24/7 automatic ventilation
Our home ventilator cabinets are powder-coated, and all component materials are rigorously tested for long-lasting performance and durability.
Every Trane FreshEffects™ energy recovery ventilator is packed with high-quality components. Each helps ensure that you can count on FreshEffects™ to deliver fresh air, time after time. Today’s homes are better insulated and tightly sealed to save energy. This prevents a number of home odors (cooking smells, pet odors, paint or new carpet fumes) from escaping. Trane FreshEffects™ helps these fumes and odors to dissipate by bringing fresher outdoor air into your home.
- Static plate energy transfer core means efficient transfer of heat and moisture
- High performance, permanently lubricated ball-bearing motor
- Slide-out filter for easy cleaning
- Percent timer control
- Passive defrost-condensate drain not required
- Multi-position mounting
- Heavy gauge, powder-painted steel cabinet
- Closed cell foam gasketing for insulation integrity
THUMD Power Humidifier
Temperature is just one factor in total home comfort, especially in dry weather. A Trane humidifier provides the right amount of moisture in every room, and can help alleviate allergy symptoms.
Trane’s trusted humidifiers can adjust from summer to winter to provide the right amount of moisture to the air in your home. It’s not just comfort. It’s relief for your skin.
Dry Home Protection
Having a dry home can be damaging to valuable things such as furniture, paintings and woodwork. By adding a Trane humidifier to your home’s heating and cooling system, you can help ensure it won’t dry and crack.
Better, cleaner air
When paired with Trane CleanEffects™ technology, a Trane humidifier will not only alleviate the dryness but also give you the most advanced whole-house air filtration system. So you get clean, comfortable air that feels good all year long.
- Automatic control
- Works with all furnace models
- For homes up to 4,200 square feet
- Capacity output up to 18 gallons per day
- Eliminates need for portable appliances
THUMD Bypass Humidifier
Temperature is just one factor in total home comfort, especially in dry weather. A Trane humidifier provides the right amount of moisture in every room, and can help alleviate allergy symptoms. The THUMD comes in two models: the THUMD200 and the THUMD300. The THUMD200 has a capacity of 12 gallons per day, while the THUMD300 has a capacity of 16.8 gallons per day. Ask your dealer which system is best for the size of your home.
Trane’s trusted home humidifiers can adjust from summer to winter in order to provide the right amount of moisture to the air in your home. It’s not just comfort—it’s relief for your skin.
Dry Home Protection
Having a dry home can be damaging to valuable things such as furniture, paintings and woodwork. By adding a Trane furnace humidifier to your home’s HVAC system, you can help ensure it won’t dry out and crack.
Better, cleaner air
When paired with Trane CleanEffects™ technology, a Trane central humidifier will not only alleviate the dryness but also give you the most advanced whole-house air filtration system. So you get clean, comfortable air that feels good all year long.
Trane whole home humidifiers are designed with high-quality components. Each helps ensure that time after time, your HVAC humidifier will provide total comfort your family can rely on. The THUMD300 Humidifier includes:
- Large bypass
- Automatic control
- Ability to work with all furnace models
- Capacity for up to 4,000 square feet
- Output up to 17 gallons per day
- Eliminates need for portable appliances